Bluetooth headphones are one of the convenient ways to enjoy music. The best part is, you don’t have to worry about any tangling of wires. However, sometimes they go through some lagging, which will hamper your listening. And for that reason, we are about to have a conversation about it.
What are some of the troubleshooting tips that I can follow?
Before discussing the process of fixing this issue, let us discuss some of the troubleshooting tips. Sometimes, these troubleshooting tips come handy. So, here are the tips that you can follow:
- Check the version of your Bluetooth
Well, the first thing that you can do is to check the version of your Bluetooth. There is a possibility that the Bluetooth version is not up to date. And due to small bandwidth, it is lagging. So, if that happens, it is time to change your Bluetooth headphone.
- Check the battery
Sometimes, you will witness a delay with your Bluetooth headset due to insufficient battery. Therefore, always check whether it has sufficient battery or not.
- Ensure a stable connection
Make sure that your Bluetooth headphone is properly connected with your PC or your mobile. If the connection is not stable enough, there is a possibility that it will lag a bit. Try to keep the connected devices close to each other.
- Reduce the interference
Well, it is also an important thing that you have to take into account. You have to make sure that you are reducing the interference. And to do that, you have to switch-off your nearby Bluetooth devices.
How can I get rid of this issue?
To get rid of this issue, you have to follow some steps. If you can follow those steps precisely, maybe you will get rid of this issue. So, the steps that you have to take are:
- Make sure that the signal path is up to the mark.
- Next, you have to disconnect other attached devices from your mobile phone.
- After that, you have to exit the other apps, which are running on your phone.
- In case, if you have a low-cost Bluetooth headset, we would suggest you replace it. And if it is not, check whether it is still under the warranty period. If it is under the warranty period, get in touch with the manufacturer. Besides, if the warranty period is over, you also have to contact the manufacturers to get some tips.
- Now, you have to factory reset your phone and use the backup to restore all the significant data.
- And if you start from the scratch, factory reset your phone and don’t restore your backups.
- In case, if you have a low-end phone, you should upgrade it. And if you have a high-end phone comprehend the warranty or repair option.
Why do Bluetooth headphones experience latency?
Well, it is not necessary that Bluetooth will start with a continuous stream. Instead of that, it will start and stop the audio stream. You have to understand that it is necessary to conserve energy. Well, the latency takes place as the aptx codex is missing in the devices. Besides, compared to wired devices, Bluetooth transmission takes a bit more time.
Do I have to witness latency with Bluetooth 5.0?
If you are using any wireless devices, there is a probability that it will witness latency. To be precise, latency is an issue for every wireless device. Most of the time, you will experience latency while playing a game or watching videos.
How can I test the audio latency?
If you want to check the latency, there are a few steps that you have to take. The name of this test is the LED and oscilloscope test. So, the steps that you have to take are:
|Step 1||The first thing that you have to do is to run the app which will help you to pulse the LED periodically.|
|Step 2||Now, it is time to place the light sensor next to the LED.|
|Step 3||Next, you have to connect the probes of the oscilloscope to the headphone as well as with the light sensor.|
|Step 4||Well, it is the final step. Here you need to use the oscilloscope to fathom the difference between the light sensor signal and line output signal.|
How much latency do I have to witness with Bluetooth?
In case of standard Bluetooth connection, you may have to witness a delay of ~200ms delay. And sometimes, it causes a lot of lip sync issues, whenever you are watching a video or a movie.