Last Updated on
Bluetooth headphones in the recent times have become a kind of a trend and an accessory to fashion. Actually it’s due to it being user friendly, ease of listening and comfort. Companies who are in the Bluetooth headphone business are investing heavily in R&D to improve several technological aspects like noise cancellation and higher sound quality. This would elevate the customer experience.
So have you bought a Bluetooth headphone? Are you having problems to connect your headphones to your PC? How do you find out that your PC is Bluetooth compatible?
I am sure this article would be a one stop place for you to get all the answers that you are looking for.
So let’s look into how you would connect your Bluetooth headphones to PC.
How do I check whether your PC is Bluetooth compatible or not?
Most PC’s or laptops these days have inbuilt Bluetooth but older PCs are not likely to be Bluetooth compatible. You can check for the Bluetooth sign in the taskbar in the right bottom corner of your screen. What you can also do is:
- Go to start and search and open device manager
- If Bluetooth appears in the list of devices then it is already enabled. If not, then there would be an error sign to give you the information that you need to install proper devices. Follow the prompts and necessary information to complete the installation.
- If Bluetooth doesn’t appear in the list of devices, then look for Bluetooth in Network adapters.
- Select About this MAC by accessing the Apple icon in the top left corner.
- Select More Info and look for Bluetooth by expanding the Hardware category.
- Also you might check System Preferences in the Apple menu. Look under the Hardware or Internet & Wireless sections.
If your PC is not Bluetooth compatible then use a Bluetooth dongle. Just plug the dongle in the USB port and device driver will automatically install the device.
How to set up my Bluetooth headphones in my PC?
The process of setting up your Bluetooth headphones in your PC is easy. The process of setting it up is different for Windows and MAC. The step that is common for both is you have to keep your headphones in the ‘Discovery Mode’. Every headphone has a different set up so you would need to go through the manual of your headphone.
If your OS is Windows then what you need to do is:
- Go to Start and search for ‘Devices and Printers’
- Select ‘Printers and Scanners’ or ‘Devices and Printers’ in the listing that emerges based on the version of Windows your PC has.
- Go to Bluetooth and Other Devices and then select add Bluetooth or other device.
- Allow your PC some time to search nearby Bluetooth devices. Then select the device you want your PC to pair with (in this case your headphones).
- Then you would receive a pop-up notification that your device has been paired.
If you have a MAC then:
- Go to the Apple menu and choose System Preferences
- Select Bluetooth
- Wait while your MAC searches for nearby Bluetooth devices. Then select the device you want your PC to pair with (in this case your headphones).
- Then you will be notified that your Bluetooth headphone is connected to your MAC.
The only thing you need to make sure is that your Bluetooth headphone is close to MAC or PC.
Sometimes MAC or PC might ask for password while pairing. It’s generally 0000 or 1234 or the password would be mentioned in the guide provided to you along with your Bluetooth headphones.
How to make sure that the audio comes from the headphones and not the speaker of your PC?
- Select the volume button on the bottom right of your screen.
- Select playback devices.
- Click on the Bluetooth device and set it as Default.
- Click on the settings icon and select use as Audio device.
- Your Bluetooth headphones will then be connected with the audio set up of the MAC.
After following the above steps and you have finally connected your Bluetooth headphone to your PC now all you have to do is turn up the volume and enjoy. Just don’t increase the volume higher than the recommended level; it can cause damage to your ears.
I hope this article answers all your questions regarding how you would connect your Bluetooth headphones to your PC and also provides you with the solutions to the problems you might face while pairing your headphones and PC.