Last Updated on
Headphones are something that we always need. There are many things that you can do with your headphones. It is very useful for video conferences, listening to music, etc. On the other hand, speakers are also great for playing our favorite tracks. But, there are some issues in both cases. We face a lot of problems while using these accessories in our daily life. Here, in this piece of writing, we are going to provide you some of the best solutions for your questions regarding the headphones and speakers.
How To Have Speakers And Headphones On At The Same Time?
In most of the cases, we listen to music using the headphones. But, if there is a situation when you are in need to use both the speakers and headphones, then the situation becomes challenging. Others may prefer the speakers more than headphones. Then, in those kinds of cases, you do not have a choice. You will have to find a way where you are able to play the speakers and headphones at the same time. The steps for doing that are as follows:
- First of all, you have to make sure that the headphone and speaker are in a connected state with your laptop or desktop. For checking the connection, you can go to the Sound Settings of your computer. There, you will be able to see the available Audio Devices of the computer.
- Next, you have to go to the taskbar of your computer. Then, you need to click the right side of the mouse. You will find the Sounds option there. By right-clicking the Sounds options of the menu, you will be able to enter into the Sound Settings dialog box.
- Under the Playback tab, you will see the Speaker option. You have to make the device default so that it gets selected. If the speaker is the default device already, then you can skip the step to go to the further steps.
- Then, in the Recording tab, you have to select the Properties option of the Microphone. You can also go to the Properties option of the Stereo Mix. Both of these steps will work.
- You have to go to the Listen tab, and you have to check the box called Listen To This Device.
- After this step, you will see a list of the audio devices connected to the computer. In there, you will have to find the headphone name. You have to select the headphone in the Playback Through This Device option.
- Finally, you will have to press the Apply button to make the changes in the Sound Settings permanent.
In this way, you will be able to select the headphone and speakers simultaneously. You will be able to use the speaker and headphones both as a medium of listening to music or any audio.
What Does The Blue Color Jack Mean
There are sound cards in all kinds of devices that are capable of playing the Audio. In those sound cards, we see different color codes for the input or output jack connectors. All these colors have a different meaning to it. For the blue color code in the sound card, it is usable for the Stereo Input of the audio devices. There is a standard format for these color codes. In the following table, we see a brief overview of the color codes and their meaning.
|COLOR CODES||DESCRIPTION OF THE COLOR CODES|
|Green||Speakers and headphones|
|Blue||Stereo Input Line|
|Orange||Subwoofer Output Line|
The sound cards don’t need to have all of these connections. It is dependent upon the audio channel that the computer supports. In a nutshell, these are the standard meaning of the color codes that are present in the Sound Cards.
How To Get Sound From Your Tv Speakers And Headphones At The Same Time
When you are using the TV, then you need to follow the following steps to make the speaker and headphone work at the same time:
- On the remote, we have to press the Home button.
- Then, go to Settings.
- Under the TV category, you have to go to Sounds.
- Select the Audio Out from the option called Headphone or Audio Out.
- Press Back on the remote.
- You have to select Headphone Speaker Link and then Audio To Both Tv Speakers & Other Devices to enable it.
- Finally, select Speaker and enable it.
With these steps, you can use the TV speakers and headphones at the same time.