Headphones are something that has become an essential accessory for our professional and as well as personal lives. During these times of the pandemic, we are using our smart devices to go online and talk with our colleagues. If we consider the family also, then we are also using online conference platforms to check on our relatives, friends and family. As a result, the use of headphones is also on the rise. Due to this, a lot of people are also facing some problems. Here, in this article, we are going to answer some of the most popular questions about the headphones so that you do not have to worry about these things.
How To Use Lightning Headphones On Laptop
Typically, with the Apple products, you get the lightning headphones. These headphones are not like the normal ones. They have a particular type of connector. This is called a Lightning connector. For example, when you get yourself an iPhone, iPad or any other Apple products, then you may face this situation. With this headphone, you will not be able to use the headphone jack of your laptop. But, if you do not have this, then you have two possible solutions for this problem.
First Solution: Using A Converter To Convert The Lightning To A Usb Type Connector
- For this solution, you will need to have the laptop which supports audio output with the USB port.
- If the first point is missing, then you have to use the second solution. Otherwise, you will need the adapter for the lightning port.
- You have to plug the adapter in your laptop with the other side connected to the lightning headphone.
- After that, from the laptop Sound Settings, you will need to select the lightning headphone.
Second Solution: Using A Audio Jack Adapter To Connect The Lightning To A Laptop
- Firstly, you will need to take the audio jack.
- You have to insert the lightning headphone into the 3.5 mm adapter.
- You will need to insert the side with 3.5 mm audio output into the laptop.
- Lastly, you have to select the audio device in the Sound Settings of the laptop.
With these two solutions, you will be able to use lightning headphone. With the suitable headphone, you will be able to take advantage of the superb audio quality of the headphones.
How To Use The Apple Earpods With 3.5 MM Headphone Plug
The older Apple devices used to have the 3.5 mm headphone plug with their Earpods. The steps to use the headphone are as follows:
- You have to plug the headphone.
- For the volume up and down, you will need to use the buttons.
- For the music, you can try the long-press the buttons that are available with the Earpods.
- If you do not have the 3.5 mm headphone jack, you can use the adapter.
- There are two adapters available for the Earpods, the USB type C adapter and the Lightning Adapter.
- If you use the adapters, then you need to plug the headphones with adapters first.
With all these steps, you will be able to use the Apple Earpods with iPhone, iPad or iPod devices.
How To Connect The Airpods With The Dell Laptop
When you are using the Windows laptop like Dell, then you may face many difficulties. Sometimes, the connection between the Airpods and laptop, do not go for establishment. In those kinds of situations, you can always try the following steps for fixing the issue.
- First of all, in such cases, you have to make sure that the Apple Airpods have a full charge. If you have the battery level above 80 per cent, then you can continue with the process.
- Next, you need to check the laptop if the Bluetooth driver is present or not. Then, you need to turn on the Bluetooth Settings of the computer.
- After turning on the Bluetooth mode of the laptop, you need to make the Airpods go into the pairing mode.
- Next up, you have to go to the Bluetooth settings of the laptops. Then, from there, you have to search for the device.
- You need to make sure that Airpods are visible for the pairing. For faster pairing, you need laptops with Bluetooth version 5.00 or above.
- After that, you will be able to connect the Airpods with your Dell laptop.
In all these steps, you can connect your Airpods with the Dell Laptop using the Bluetooth.
What Are The Different Types Of Apple Headphones
The following table shows the variety of Apple Headphones.
|NAME OF THE HEADPHONES||TYPE|
|Airpods Pro||Bluetooth Wireless Ear Buds|
|Airpods||Bluetooth Wireless Ear Buds|
|EarPods with Lightning Connector||Wired Headphones|
|EarPods with 3.5 mm Headphone Plug||Wired Headphones|